Solomons to Chesapeake City

I’m settling in for a (hopefully) relaxing overnight voyage up the Chesapeake Bay from Solomon’s Island, MD to the C&D Canal. Unlike yesterday, the bay today is flat calm with light winds forecast into tomorrow morning. Things can change out here but for now, I’m happy as can be at the helm.
If things go according to the ever-evolving plan, we will arrive in time to catch a favorable tide through the canal. In a boat that motors at 7 knots, a 3 or 4 knot current on the bows can really be a problem. I haven’t decided if we will make it down the Delaware Bay to Cape May, NJ yet but as of now it looks doable on Sunday but I’m not seeing any good weather window for the offshore hop from Cape May to Fire Island Inlet anytime soon so we may have to wait it out there.
So close but still so far.